- For Elementary Glee, a full refund for the remaining classes, less a $15 processing fee, will be issued if you withdraw your child from a Lifelong Music Academy course by October 31, 2019.
- For Middle School Glee, which starts on February 3, 2020, the same policy applies and the withdrawal deadline is March 6, 2020.
- All withdrawals must be done in writing to MusicAcademy@franklinps.net.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
Parents/guardians of elementary school students:
- Drop-off: Parents/guardians need to enter the building, escort their child to the music classroom, and sign-in.
- During lesson: Parents/guardians may wait in the lobby or at the tables outside the auditorium until the lesson is over. Some parents/guardians may choose to wait in their cars, or leave and come back.
- Pick-up: Parents/guardians go to the classroom and sign-out their child from the lesson.
- If a person other than the parent/guardian is to pick up an elementary student, the parent/guardian must email the office in advance to notify them of the change. Email: MusicAcademy@franklinps.net. The person picking up may also bring a signed note from the parent/guardian giving them permission to pick up.
- Only individuals 18+ may pick up a child. Under special circumstances, a parent/guardian may request the age requirement be waived. In that instance, the parent/guardian must request an Age Requirement Waiver from the Lifelong Music Academy office, which must be signed and returned before the pickup occurs.
Parents/guardians of middle school students:
- Drop off: Parents/guardians of middle school students may drop their child off from the car drop off lane or may accompany their child into the building.
- If a parent/guardian decides to drop off their middle school child they need to wait until their child has safely entered the building before leaving the drop-off area. If the parent/guardian is uncertain as to whether class is meeting, please park and escort your child into the building.
- During lesson: Parents/guardians may wait in the lobby or at the tables outside the auditorium until the lesson is over. Some parents/guardians wait in their cars, or leave and come back.
- Pick up: Parents/guardians may meet their child in the lobby or wait outside in the car pickup lane.
Parents/guardians are expected to be on time for pick-up.
Nurse: There is no nurse on duty during Lifelong Music Academy after-school classes.
Absences: If a student will be absent on the day of a lesson, please email the Lifelong Music Academy office. Email: MusicAcademy@franklinps.net.
Class Cancellations: If Franklin Public Schools are unexpectedly closed for inclement weather or any other reason, after-school music classes are also cancelled. If Franklin Public Schools afternoon/evening activities are cancelled for any reason, after-school music classes are also cancelled. Lifelong Music Academy will send an email in either case. Cancelled classes are not made up.