Summer 2024 Discount and Refund Policies
The Lifelong Learning Institute is a self-sustaining program of the Franklin Public Schools. The success of our program relies on your participation and tuition.
Town of Franklin employees who regularly work 20 or more hours per week during the school year may enroll their minor children in most courses at a 10% discount.
Scholarships are available for Franklin Public Schools students in K-12 who are registering for classes held at an FPS location and who are currently eligible and have been approved for free or reduced lunch can receive one scholarship per quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) in any of the following Lifelong Learning Institute programs: Community Learning, Music Academy, Solutions Extended Learning or Summer Programs.
Example: Scholarship for a course covering multiple quarters means the student is ineligible for additional scholarships in any of the included quarters.
The student will receive a discounted price based on their free or reduced lunch eligibility/approval as follows:
Free Lunch = 90% discount on the class fee
Reduced Lunch = 50% discount on the class fee
Payment is due at the time of registration and follows our class withdrawal/cancelation policy.
- Discounts cannot be combined - only one discount per class. There are no discounts on Private Music Lessons or Solutions Summer Adventure.
- There are no scholarships for Private Music Lessons, Solutions Extended Day, Solutions Summer Adventure, or Private Vendor classes.
- For more information on Free and Reduced Lunch or to apply online click here. A new application must be filled out for each school year.
Course Withdrawal Policy*
- If you withdraw from a course by May 31, 2024, you will receive a full refund, less a $15 OR 10% processing fee, whichever is greater.
- If you withdraw after May 31, 2024, there are no refunds, no credits, and no transfers unless there is a medical reason that would restrict the registrant from participating in the class. An explanation and a physician's documented medical statement should be submitted to the director of Lifelong Learning. If it is determined a refund is due, the registrant will receive a prorated refund for the remaining classes less a $15 OR 10% processing fee, whichever is greater.
Class date, time, and location may be subject to change.